Donate Cryptocurrency to Support the IEEE Foundation
There are more than 300 million cryptocurrency users worldwide all of whom have IEEE members to thank for inventing the blockchain, the technology that enables the existence of cryptocurrency.
Crypto philanthropy is an emerging and taxwise way for crypto users to support the IEEE Foundation. We accept donations in Bitcoin, Ethereum, and over 100 additional leading cryptocurrencies.
How to Donate Crypto?
Donating crypto is safe, easy, and fast. Using the widget on this page, making a charitable donation is a quick three-step process:
- Select your preferred crypto and enter your gift amount.
- If you wish to designate the gift to a specific Fund within the IEEE Foundation - indicate the Fund name in the "Donation Notes"
- Type in your email and basic info
- Make your gift!
Upon making a donation, you can elect to receive an automatically generated tax receipt that will be sent to the email address you provide. This confirmation of your donation will help you close the loop when calculating your taxes.Your crypto gift will be processed quickly and safely by our solution provider The Giving Block and our crypto wallet custodian the Gemini Trust Exchange. The crypto will be immediately converted to cash providing immediate benefit to the IEEE program you are supporting.
By donating appreciated cryptocurrency that you have held for at least one year, you:
- Avoid the capital gains taxes on the "paper profits"
- Are entitled to a charitable income tax deduction on the full fair value of the asset
- Support a charitable activity that advances technology and education.
More Ways to Give
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.